Abortion Assault & Deaths

Abortion Assault & Deaths

Assault and sexual assault by abortion practitioners

Women having abortions are being ...

Following are cases that expose the abortion industry like no other. These cases are thoroughly researched and documented, in a book entitled Lime 5: The Abortion Industry on Trial by Mark Crutcher. It is available on Amazon HERE


Several patients of [abortionist John Roe 80] claim that he . . . injected them with medication that made them groggy, and then engaged in sexual intercourse with them against their will. One of these women testified that she was rendered physically unable to move but kept crying, "What are you doing?"
Sources: The University of the State of New York Board of Regents "Disciplinary Proceeding" and Order No. 10761; NY Dept. of Health "Administrative Law Judge's Report" 11/2/89

After her June 1, 1983, appointment, [abortionist John Roe 99] gave "Michelle" his home phone number and asked her to call him. Later, he went to her home and told her that his beeper had gone off. She allowed him to use her telephone, and then he wandered off in her house. When she went to find him, Roe 99 was standing naked in a bedroom. He then forcibly raped her knowing that she would not scream for help because her 10-year-old son was asleep in the next room.
Sources: Indiana Medical Board Disciplinary Action Cause No. 89 MLB 0003; Associated Press 2/9/89; Tyler Morning Telegraph 6/12/91, 6/13/91; Questionable Doctors

Abortionist John Roe 38 was investigated by the Oregon Board of Medical Examiners in 1994, after a 41-year-old woman and her 20-year-old daughter alleged that he tried to sexually stimulate them during examinations in 1990 and 1993. "The Oregonian" reported that 21 additional women contacted them to report similar incidents . . .
Sources: The Oregonian 9/22/94, 5/27/95, 5/31/95, 6/1/95

In 1992, more than 160 women accused one California abortionist [John Roe 497] of sexually assaulting them. California Deputy Attorney General, Randy Christison, called Roe 497 a predator in a white coat who used his position for his own perverse sexual gratification.

Unfortunately, the state of California was not able to pursue criminal charges against him because the statute of limitations had expired on many of the instances and corroborating evidence was not available in the others. However, the California Medical Board charged him with sexual abuse, sexual misconduct, gross negligence, incompetence, and immorality. On May 15, 1992, Roe 497 surrendered his California medical licence.


Line Ill - New Line

Abortion Related Deaths 

Many women have died from 'safe, legal abortion'. Here are some court cases documenting certain cases


During her abortion, Cheryl, age 22, suffered a three-and-a-half-inch laceration of her uterus and a one-inch laceration of her colon. The next day she was hospitalized with symptoms of these complications and doctors discovered that the head of her fetus had been pushed through the uterine laceration into her abdominal cavity. She required a hysterectomy, a colostomy, and six units of blood.
Source: New Orleans (LA) civil District Court Case No. 83-3049-A


On January 15, 1982, 34-year-old Shary had an abortion performed by [abortionist John Roe 368] . . . in Dallas. During the procedure, she sustained a one-inch tear of her cervix and began to haemorrhage. She died the next day. The clinic where she had her abortion was a member of the National Abortion Federation.
Source: Texas Autopsy Report No. 0120-82-0057; Texas Death Certificate No. 01316


On June 2, 1989, Margaret went . . . to have an abortion performed by [abortionist John Roe 295]. After she was dismissed, she started experiencing pain and bleeding, and called the facility about her symptoms. They did not advise her to seek medical care. Two days later, she sought medical treatment on her own and was told that she had a perforated uterus and retained fetal tissue. A D&C was performed to complete the abortion and, due to infection, a hysterectomy was also necessary. Unfortunately, despite all efforts to save her life, Margaret died of the complications of her abortion, leaving behind her husband and a one-year-old son.
Source: Richmond City (VA) Circuit Court Case No. LU441; Virginia Death Certificate No. 89-020384


Magdalena, age 23, had an abortion on December 8, 1994, by [abortionist John Roe 209]. During the procedure, Roe 209 said that he knew he had "screwed up" when he had difficulty removing foetal parts, and noticed that he had perforated Magdalena's uterus and removed parts of her bowel. Because she was bleeding profusely, Roe 209 called a hospital and asked for directions to send Magdalena there by car. He called an ambulance only when instructed to do so by the hospital staff. However, there was a half-hour delay between when the hospital was called and when an ambulance was called, during which Roe 209 performed abortions on other patients.

Upon reaching the abortion clinic, paramedics found Magdalena lying in a pool of blood on the floor in ventricular fibrillation, with no pulse. She had no vital signs upon arrival at the hospital, was unresponsive, and had fixed and dilated pupils. A massive amount of blood was found when she was opened for surgery . . . During surgery, a female fetus, estimated by the surgeons to be of approximately 30 weeks gestation, was removed.

Magdalena did not survive the surgery, and her death was attributed to "complications of the acute pelvic injuries which consisted of lacerations of the lower uterus, vagina, bladder, and colon."
Sources: San Diego Reader 12/13/94; San Diego Union-Tribune 12/13/94, 12/17/94; Orange County Register 12/15/94; Santa Monica Outlook 12/94; Los Angeles Times 3/21/95 plus several court case numbers referenced in "Lime 5's" endnotes.

Line Ill - New Line


When 23-year-old Stacy (or Stayce) went to Scott Barrett for a safe and legal abortion on February 20, 1988, she didn't know how he anesthetized his patients at Central Health Center for Women in Springfield, Missouri.

During the abortion, Stacy stopped breathing, Barrett and his staff were unable to revive her. Staff called an ambulance, but the medics found Stacy in full cradio-respiratory arrest, witH unresponsive pupils. The resuscitation attempts made by paramedics included suctioning "copious amounts of blood" from Stacy's airway, inserting an endogrecheal tube, administering medications and oxygen, putting in an IV, and using a defibrillator.

They transferred Stacy to the emergency room, where she had a racing pulse and fixed, dilated pupils. She was unable to breathe on her own. The hospital transfused her with packed red blood cells and gave her additional IV fluids, but her EEG "revealed findings consistent with brain death. After a discussion with the patient's family, respiratory support was discontinued and the patient was pronounced dead at 11:34 p.m."

Stacy's father requested an autopsy, which found toxic concentrations of Lidocaine in Stacy's blood. Her serum level, as tested in blood drawn 2 hour after the abortion, was 8.1 ug/ml, or more than five times the therapeutic level of 1.5 ug/ml. An expert who testified later estimated that, based on how fast the body metabolizes Lidocaine, the amount in her system at the time of the abortion could have been as high as 16 ug/ml, over ten times the therapeutic dose.

In order to rule out other causes of death, the coroner examined ten times the normal number of specimens, looking for signs of an amniotic fluid embolism. He could find no such evidence. He also found no evidence of "any naturally occurring disease process which could account for Ms. Ruckman's death." What he did find was "history of a grand mal seizure and cardiac arrest after a 'therapeutic' abortion at 13.8 weeks gestation." Stacy also had suffered cerebral and pulmonary edema (swelling of the brain and lungs), pulmonary hemorrhage (excessive bleeding in the lungs), clotted and unclotted blood in her mouth and nose, around 55 cc of bloody fluid surrounding her lungs, and another 200 cc's of bloody fluid in her pelvic cavity.

Stacy's parents sued. An anesthesiologist was asked under oath to give any and all possible medically valid reasons for administering that high a dose of Lidocaine; he repeatedly answered that he could think of none. The only reason he could think of -- not a medically valid one -- was to speed up the abortion. Barrett's nurse testified that he tupically did 35-40 abortions per day, at $300 each.

She, and other staff, also testified that Barrett routinely gave patients massive dosed of Lidocaine in order to render them unconscious.

The court found that Barrett altered or falsified Stacy's records in attempt to cover his culpability. The Medical board likewise implicated Barrett in Stacy's death.

A jury awarded Stacy's parents $25.3 million for the wrongful death of their daughter -- $330,000 in actual damages, and $25 million in aggravated damages. However, Barrett caried no insurance and was not represented at all during the trial; he himself failed to show up.

SOURCE: Southeast Missourian March 1990; Springfield News-Leader 1-29-91, 2-9-91, 3-18-92;

Line Ill - New Line


A Cedarburg High School teacher who got an abortion because her fetus had Down syndrome died after doctors inadvertently poisoned her during the procedure.

Two doctors caused the death of 35-year-old Linda Boom because the chemicals they injected to kill the fetus got into her bloodstream and caused fatal heart damage, said the attorney, Patrick Dunphy of Brookfield.

But Randal Arnold, attorney for Sinai Samaritan Medical Center of Milwaukee, contended that assisting physician Karen S. Watson was "not negligent in any fashion." Her
supervising doctor and a former co-defendant, Daniel Gilman, successfully filed a motion to be dismissed from the case in August 1999.

The attorneys made opening statements to a Milwaukee County Circuit Court jury in what is expected to be a two-week trial before Judge Stanley Miller. The lawsuit was filed by Boom's widower, 51-year-old Dennis Boom of Bayside, who has taught at Cedarburg High for 23 years.

Linda, a mathematics teacher, and Dennis, a science teacher, met at the school in 1983 and married in 1993, Dunphy said. They planned to have a child and in June 1995 they learned that Linda had become pregnant, he said.

But three months later, Linda decided to get an abortion after learning that the fetus had Down syndrome, Dunphy said. An "amnioinfusion termination of pregnancy" was performed on Sept. 21, 1995, at Sinai Samaritan. Boom died 36 hours later.

Watson injected the first chemicals into Boom and she began to suffer pain and complained she was "burning up all over," Dunphy said, quoting medical notes. The procedure was then taken over by Gilman, a physician who had performed more than 100 abortions and was supervising Watson, 36, a fourth-year resident at the time who is now an obstetrician/gynecologist in Milwaukee.

Gilman then injected a second set of chemicals into Boom and both sets caused the fatal heart damage, Dunphy said.

Gilman, who is in private practice in Milwaukee, could not be reached for comment. Watson is not named personally in the lawsuit but attended the trial.

Arnold, of Milwaukee, said the injection Watson gave is not generally believed to be enough to be fatal because it is a "test" injection. He said Watson was not negligent because the supervising physician took over and gave the second injection.

Arnold also said that Boom's cause of death is in dispute and may never be known. Dunphy, however, said that the Milwaukee County Medical examiner's office determined that the chemicals caused Boom's death.

The needles were supposed to be injected into Boom's womb, but Watson did not use ultrasound before inserting the needle and instead put the chemicals into Boom's bloodstream, Dunphy said. He said he would still present evidence of negligent on behalf of both Watson and Gilman. If the jury decides Watson was negligent, then Sinai Samaritan would be held responsible for any damages.

SOURCE: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel on April 25, 2001

Line Ill - New Line


In February 2013, it was reported the death of a 29-year-old after a late-term abortion procedure. According to reports, Jennifer McKenna Morbelli was 33 weeks pregnant when she and her family went to Germantown Reproductive Health Center in Germantown, Maryland after learning her baby girl suffered from fetal anomalies just two weeks earlier. Late-term abortion practitioner LeRoy Carhart began the abortion process on Sunday, February 3, according to witnesses who were at the clinic on the day Jennifer arrived.

Over the next few days, witnesses (abortion protesters outside the clinic) report seeing Jennifer every day until Thursday. Family members indicate that they tried to reach Carhart’s clinic several times but that their phone calls were not returned. Jennifer was taken to Shady Grove Adventist Hospital in Rockville, Maryland at about 5:00 a.m. on Thursday morning and was pronounced dead later that morning.

Baltimore’s chief medical examiner’s office says that Jennifer died as a result of amniotic fluid that seeped into her bloodstream. Her death certificate lists “amniotic fluid embolism following termination of pregnancy” and “disseminated intravascular coagulation,” a condition that causes small blood clots to form in blood vessels, as the causes of death. Various organizations and pro-life groups have charged that medical malpractice and Dr. Carhart’s negligence are to blame for the woman’s death. READ MORE HERE

Line Ill - New Line


In early January 2015, it was reported in the Independent that a doctor raped and assaulted girls as young as 11 at a hospital where Jimmy Savile preyed on his victims, a court has been told. Michael Salmon is on trial at Reading Crown Court accused of three counts a rape, 11 of indecent assault, and two of using an instrument with intent to procure a miscarriage. Prosecutors claim he assaulted girls while treating them under the pretence of “vaginal examinations” and performed an illegal abortion on a 16-year-old before raping her, saying "one favour deserves another".

Line Ill - New Line


An abortionist is on trial for the alleged rape and indecent assault of his 20-year-old employee and patient. A Grand Bahama court began hearing allegations that Dr. Gerald Mark Forbes raped the patient during an abortion procedure on Thursday, according to Tribune 242.


Line Ill - New Line

Abortionist Charged With Manslaughter After Killing Woman in Botched Legal Abortion

An abortion practitioner based in New York City has been charged with manslaughter in the death of a pregnant woman in a botched abortion.




Line Ill - New Line